Sunday, February 5, 2012

Group Painting (Non-Representational Art Using a Viewfinder)

*Art One*

Each table of students used a small viewfinder to find a small non -representational portion of a newspaper photograph to inspire a large scale tempera cake painting.

REFLECTION: I was not concerned with color-mixing. Most groups did not mix. I kept circulating the room to remind students that their painting should not look like something recognizeable! They were to simplify. I did discuss balance with some groups; paint red in one area then use it somewhere else in the composition as well. This was a great project for collaboration practice. Next year I will spend time showing Color Field artwork examples. I taped these large paintings up high on the classroom walls around the room and they add energy to the room. Great 2 day project.

No comments:

Post a Comment